5 Questions to Ask When You Get a Central AC Estimate
by The Cooling Company, on Jun 6, 2016 9:00:00 PM
Cooling your home can be one of the biggest expenses out of all your utility bills. You want to make sure you’re making the right purchase as well as using a reputable service, so it’s important to get exactly the information you need when purchasing a new air conditioning system and looking for potential installers.
Here are some essential questions to ask when you’re getting a central AC estimate.
1. What is the right air conditioning unit capacity/size for cooling my home?A knowledgeable company will be able to explain to you what size you need as well as why you need it. Professionals use a calculation called the Manual J Load Calculation to figure out what your particular home needs, and they should be able to describe the process so you understand.
2. Can the existing ductwork be used with the new system?Using the existing ducts can save a lot of money when installing a new air conditioning unit. The company giving you the estimate should look at the ductwork you have as well as determine its condition and suitability (if applicable) for the new system. It might simply need to have some duct leaks repaired or be cleaned before the new install.
3. Do you have proof that your company is bonded and insured?This saves you from liability should anything go wrong on the job due to fault on the company’s part. When a contractor is bonded, that means they will guarantee you payment in case any problems arise. It also ensures that they will perform the work requested in the contract within a specific timeline.
4. What new systems are out there?There are lots of new technologies for cooling out there that might be a perfect fit for your home. A professional can give you a run-down of what might be good options for you. For instance, a ductless system might work for you, or you might get a lot of convenience out of a thermostat controlled by remote.
5. What rebates or tax credits are available for installing a new system?
The government offers tax credits or rebates for homeowners who install new, energy-efficient appliances like heating/cooling units in many states. This helps offset a big chunk of the cost of installing a new system and is an excellent incentive for going ahead with an upgrade. The professional company giving you the estimate might be aware of certain tax breaks that would apply specifically to you, so don’t be afraid to ask.
When you’re looking to get a central AC estimate, you will inevitably have lots of questions and concerns. The right company will be glad to help you figure out just what system to purchase based on technology, features, price, and potential government tax breaks. The only thing to remember when getting a central AC estimate is to ask the right questions in order to get the right answers.
The Cooling Company is ready and waiting with those right answers. Give us a call if you're in Las Vegas: (702) 567-0707.